Articles > Health & Wellness
1. Every person has a unique tongue print.
2. On an average the human body contains enough amount of fat to make seven bars of soap.
3. An average human being consumes about 500 kg of food per year.
4. The human tongue has 10,000 taste buds.
5. Taste buds are present inside the mouth and also on the roof of the mouth.
6. The human eye can detect over 10,000,000 different colors.
7. If all the alveoli ( unit of lung ) from both lungs were spread flat they would cover an area nearly the size of a tennis court.
8. If the blood vessels were laid from one end to another, they would reach around the world four times.
9. A drop of blood contains 250 million cells.
10. Shivering is a way of trying to keep our body warm.
11. The length of the finger indicates how fast the nail grows. The nail of the middle finger grows faster than others.
12. After death, the body starts to dry out creating an illusion that the nails and hairs are growing even after death.
13. When we reach 60 years of life, we lose 50 % of our taste buds.
14. Sense of taste is the weakest of the five senses.
15. It takes time for the newborn baby to learn to turn the pictures right side up, as it sees the world upside down in the beginning.
16. Babies crawl an average of 200 meters a day.
17. Sneezing too hard can cause rib fracture and suppressing the sneeze can cause damage to the blood vessels of head or neck.
18. A baby's gender is determined after the first 6-8 weeks of pregnancy.
19. Threshold pain of women is 9 times more than men.
20. 10 % of men and 8 % of women are left-handed
To find out more about living a long, healthy, and happy life contact us!